The University of Utah School of Dentistry and Utah ASDA will be offering a unique, 1-day event to give pre-dental students the opportunity to tour the school’s new 80,000 square-foot building, learn how to enhance their dental school application, meet current students and faculty members and participate in many hands-on clinical exercises in dentistry.
The course is limited to 40 students and will cost $150 per student. The day’s activities begin at 9 am and conclude at 5 pm on July 18th, 2015. The registration fee covers lunch.
- Use a high-speed dental hand-piece to prepare cavity restorations
- Make impressions and pour them in stone
- Fill cavity preparations using amalgam
- Model a central incisor in wax
- Eat lunch and ask questions with a panel of dental students
- Tour the state-of-the-art facility
- Listen to brief lectures given on various dental topics
- Meet the Dean of Admissions